Green and Healthy Resolutions

I have been procrastinating making a list of goals for the new year. Then last weekend I attended a new year training conference and one of the topics was on setting, writing down and tracking your goals. I started thinking about how I could bring this idea home for my family to set "green and healthy resolutions". I am constantly trying to balance teaching my children to make "healthy choices" and allowing them some of the "not so healthy" pleasures of childhood. So our first family goal is to make sure we are eating a colorful diet of fresh raw veggies and fruit every day. Second, I am trying to get all of us to drink more pure water every day. I recently read where we should all be drinking 1/2 of our body weight in ounces of pure water every day. Then, we are adding a few "green" goals as well.... Making sure we are all turning off the lights when we leave a room, unplugging phone chargers and appliances when they are not being used and we bought a space heater which allows us to keep the furnace temperature down and just heat the space we are in. We can't do everything but we can all do something. If you and your family have other ideas, please feel free to share things you are doing in your home to make green and healthy choices for the new year.

No comments: