My Niece has been in town for the weekend and I have been showing her some local flavor. Friday night we went to the Organic Farmer's Market at Trader's Point Creamery. We picked up some home-made salsa, flat green and yellow beans, tomatoes and cucumbers from various vendors. Then, my niece selected two wines from New Day Meadery, a local Meadery in Elwood. I purchased one of their dry wines (red raspberry I believe) a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Then yesterday we went to the Noblesville Farmer's Market for local corn, peaches and more tomatoes to make our own salsa. I learned that heirloom tomatoes do not last as long as other varieties (I left a few out last night and they had to be used today before they went bad). I love this time of year when there is so much to choose from at the local markets. I also appreciate the effort by the Noblesville market to require all vendors to grow at least 50% of what they sell. It has become a weekend tradition for my family and we enjoy supporting our favorite local growers and appreciate their efforts to be environmentally friendly and organic. It is a win-win for everyone.
We had a great weekend and enjoyed the local flavor of both the town and local food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment