A few months ago, I was introduced to Freecycle and I must say... it is pretty cool. Freecycle was started in Tucson, Arizona in 2003 by Deron Beal using the Internet to connect people who have stuff to give away with others in their local area. The idea is pretty clever! We all have things packed away in closets, attics and the garage that we don't need. Freecycle provides a way to keep unwanted items that still have good life out of the landfill and everything must be FREE with no strings attached. I signed up for my local group and so far I have not been the beneficiary of any used treasures; however, I have shared my own unwanted items with other local Freecycler's including: sidewalk pavers, children's toys, books, etc.
You can find a local Freecycle group near you by visiting http://www.freecycle.org/ . Begin sharing some of your own unwanted treasures and perhaps you will find something online you can't live without.
Good luck and please share your treasure stories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment