Organic and Vintage Wear... Local and Independent



A couple weeks ago I had the opportunity to work next to Chris Karney, the Owner of "Organic and Vintage Wear" at Earth Day Indiana. I enjoyed learning about the company from Chris and his sister Megan (she helps at festivals and events) and was very excited to go home with several very cool shirts! I love the softness of the cloths but I bet you will be as surprised as I was to learn what they are made from! I love supporting local Independent business and since Chris is from Michigan (my home state)... that wrapped up a great package!

This is the first of several future guest posts I plan to feature. I hope you enjoy meeting some of my friends and I am really excited to begin with Chris! You can learn more about Chris and Organic and Vintage Wear online or meet them in person next weekend at the Green Festival in Chicago!


Why Go Green when it comes to clothing??
Did you know that conventional cotton alone is responsible for 16% of the worlds use of harmful pesticides and not to mention all the chemicals absorbed by the earth when it comes to the fertilizers as well. Plastic in our landfills is estimated to decompose roughly at around 1,000 yrs!! That is why we are finding more earth responsible means of taking care of our planet. The name of our clothing label is called Organic and Vintage Wear. Our clothes are made from recycled plastic bottles and organic cotton. You will be completely shocked and awed by softness and comfortableness of our clothing!! We are a Fair-Trade, Eco-Friendly Clothing Company from Southwest Michigan, that travels the country to festivals and arts and craft shows showcasing are clothing label. We apply our original drawn designs with non toxic inks by hand, and are as "green" as can be! One of the features at www.organicandvintagewear.com is called "Design your own." Here you can pick the drawing, location and even the color of paints!! It just gives it that extra feeling of UNIQUENESS!

Organic and Vintage Wear is currently in two stores and looking for more! Three Rivers, Michigan "Love Your Mother" and Denver, Colorado "Three Little Birds Salon". We have been a featured business in the Kalamazoo Gazette and also on Blogtalkradio.com . We are seeking all natural, organic stores, spas, salons, eccentric cafes, etc.

Cheers,
Chris and Katrina

No comments: