My husband and I escaped the cold of the Midwest last week with friends to enjoy sun and beaches. The weather was beautiful and although it was hard to be cut off from from home... it also brought us closer to more simple pleasures. While my husband was excited about scuba diving (his new passion which it appears has surpassed his love of golf), I on the other hand was looking forward to relaxing by the beach and reading. However, things turned out differently... After completing a 2 day scuba diving class, I got certified (my open water dives were in the ocean!) and then we went diving the next 2 days with a group and the Dive Master at our resort. I got in 8 dives total... not bad since I was adamant going into the trip that I would just be happy on top of the water snorkeling. However, I have to say the view below is just amazing! I think it makes us think about the awe of nature and how we are all connected by our actions. The beauty of the ocean is breath taking but some warn that we may be risking that beauty through the choices we make not only in the ocean, but at home. Many are taking responsibility to protect coral reefs. We can learn more from NOAA's Coral Reef Conservation Program: Things You Can Do. I hope by making smart choices at home and supporting conservation groups working on our behalf, I will be able to enjoy my new hobby under the water for many years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hi Tammy,
Sounds like you really had a great vacation with lot's of adventure under water! Your braver than I!
Diane
Post a Comment