Green Christmas Ideas


I was thinking what our family could do to be more green this Christmas. I suggested an artificial Christmas tree; however, the idea was vetoed by my husband and daughter. We have had the tradition of a real tree for many years and I must admit, they smell wonderful. So unfortunately, I lost that one.

However, we have done a significant amount of shopping online this year. It was not only convenient but cost effective.. many retailers are offering great deals online. It just made sense to take advantage of the online specials, shop at our convenience without the crowds and then sit back and packages arrive. What a great way to shop!

My next idea was for teacher gifts. Every year I wonder what to buy. The dilema is to give them something they will use - while letting them know how much they are appreciated. So, this year I gave our teachers Basic H2, a super concentrated non-toxic cleaner and a Christmas ornament. One personal and one not so personal but more practical gift and something I know they will use and hopefully think of our family when they do. Giving gifts of health this Christmas.

p.s. when I was out Christmas shopping... I finally bought a set of glass drinking glasses to replace all the plastic ones I recycled last month. I love knowing they are safe.

No comments: